Our install work is primarily fire systems though we do also install intruder, CCTV & access control systems. A large part of our work is in the heritage sector, along with education and commercial sites. Ideally the candidate will be located in Yorkshire and be able to travel nationwide within the UK.
We are trying to make a difference where all engineers and all staff want to work as a team and deliver what everybody wants …. And that is a … Happy Customer! So we are looking for engineers who:
- encourage & support each other to meet customer expectations by developing skill sets and industry knowledge with each other
- consistently delivers great service – goes above and beyond to meet customer expectations
- wants to develop their own skill and qualifications
- wants to contribute to an ever-evolving independent fire and security company and improve what we do
- values others as well as themselves
We are looking for a fire alarm engineer who has multiple years of experience installing and commissioning fire alarms. The skills we are looking for include:
- Good working knowledge of networked fire alarm systems – how to install and commission to BS5839-1:2017
- Experience in the installation and commissioning of Fire and Security Systems (particularly Fire)
- Experience with the following systems preferred but not essential
- EMS Firecell, Kentec, Advanced and Notifier
- Galaxy and Texecom Intruder systems
- Paxton/BPT/ Videx Access control
- Hikvision and Dahau CCTV
- Aspirator Systems – VESDA, Airsense etc
THE DAY TO DAY
Here’s a list of the kinds of tasks you will be doing day to day:
- Install & commission systems to the required British Standard, on time and on budget
- Manage & exceed client expectations
- Provide accurate, regular reports to your manager on the progress of the installation
- Manage other contractors and junior colleagues on site where appropriate
- Manage Health & Safety of yourself and others
- On larger installations, take responsibility and account of lead times for the equipment you are fitting and liaise with our admin team to ensure timely receipt of kit and accurate job records.
- Prepare completed certification accurately and on time.
- Provide marked up drawings to our team for them to be able to produce zone plans and as fitted drawings for the client.
- You will work closely with other members of our engineering and administration team and will report to our Projects Manager.
This is the good bit! In appreciation of your hard work, we will:
- Pay you £26,000 to £35,000 per annum (OTE between £45k- £50k)
- Give you 31 days paid holiday per year
- Pay pension contributions
- Provide private medical insurance*
- Provide a tailored training programme
WHAT OUR ENGINEERS SAY ABOUT WORKING FOR SS SYSTEMS:
“A company as a whole feels very intimate and everyone looks after each other. If you have any issues, there is a freedom to speak to anyone within the company for unbiased judgement free support. Also, the work we do within the industry is extremely diverse and interesting which makes for a better working experience.”
“The engineering team again is extremely close, and everyone is willing to help each other. I’ve never felt alone or lost within any job or issue as there is always someone to help. Everyone understands we’re all in the same job and we’ve all got a job to do so we just try our best to help each other out and get jobs done to the best of our capability.”
“Engineers that join this company need to have a really good work ethic and openness to learn and teach. Be honest take responsibility and be passionate about the work we do and have pride in their own work. It’s not often that we work in teams but when we do, they must be able to ask the right questions if they don’t understand and listen carefully to instructions. If they have any other good opinions or suggestions, they must feel comfortable speaking out.”
We have great people working here at SS Systems, so we want to ensure that more great people are added to our team.
We have put together a selection process as follows:
- You send in your CV to email@example.com with a covering email that explains why you are a good fit for the role and why it is of interest to you.
- We register your application and send you a link to an online assessment portal (don’t worry – it doesn’t take too long)
- We review all the applications and create a short list for an online 30-minute interview (all candidates are asked the same questions). [OR create a short list for a group interview]
- We have a chat over the internet [or hold the group interview].
- We make a shorter short list and let you know if you are through to the final round of interviews.
- The person we feel is most suitable for the job gets the offer letter and the onboarding process begins.
THE LEGAL BIT
SS Systems Limited is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital status or civil partnership, race, religious beliefs, sex, sexual orientation or for any other reason that can be objectively justified.
It is the company’s intention in respect of recruitment, selection and promotion to appoint the most able candidate for each job. In order to ensure that this intention is realised, the requirements of each job are identified, and all candidates assessed against the same criteria at each stage of the selection process, to ensure fairness and consistency are achieved throughout. Similarly, all candidates for promotion possessing appropriate skills, knowledge and experience are given the same degree of consideration. Employee appraisals are concerned only with the assessment of actual performance in the job.