Installer and Supplier of Commercial Fire Alarm Systems
Commercial Fire alarm systems are the most important alarm for any large building or commercial premises and ensuring you have a modern system for a fast and reliable response is essential for the safety of your staff and commercial property. We are specialist in hard-wired, wireless and aspirating fire alarm systems to give you peace of mind that everyone will be safe in the event of a fire.
Our highly trained engineers work to the UK’s British Standards and BAFE industry compliance to support your commercial fire alarm systems from supply and architectural plans through to installation and maintenance.
SS Systems carefully manage and agree with you throughout the project, whether it is a new install, upgrading, working along side or maintaining your commercial fire alarm system.
At SS Systems we are technically able to install wireless or hard wired systems, and offer free surveys so that we ensure your fire alarms adhere to British Standard regulation, and suit your individual requirements.
Just simply call us on 0845 402 3046 to speak to one of our friendly team and let us know what you need.
The types of commercial fire alarm systems we supply and install
Wireless Commercial fire alarms
Fully custom wireless fire alarms. Insurers are very happy to approve wireless installations and maintenance is the same as any other fire alarm systems on commercial buildings and business premises.
- Voice evacuation facilities fully integrated
- Typical 5-year battery life – Field proven
- No costly fire-rated cable to install or damage to commercial building
- Little disruption as sensors can be installed in less than 10 minutes per unit
- No faults or false alarms caused by cable problems
- Complies with BS5839 Part 1:2002
Hard wire Commercial fire alarms
All of our procedures and processes are scrutinized under the BAFE SP203 scheme which has exacting standards and covers all areas of our service from office administration to site installation.
We install and maintain your commercial fire alarm systems throughout the UK in a vast range of premises. Our engineers are aware of the disruption cable runs can cause and are keen in their approach to keep this to a minimum. Hardwired systems can be updated and extended so we are used to working in environments where an existing system is already in place.
We are particularly proud of our track record for completion of installation work on or before the scheduled completion date.
Aspirating systems use small bore pipe work with sampling points to sample air and detect the presence of smoke in a commercial building. The sensitivity of an aspirating sensor can be commissioned to operate in all types of environment and give a very reliable means of detection.
Aspirating systems are particularly useful in:
- Large rooms and enclosures
- Areas where point detectors would be inefficient
- Clean and data room environments
- Areas where point detectors would be aesthetically unacceptable
Aspirators can be applied in conjunction with any other type of commercial fire alarm system including radio or wireless systems.
Call us on 0845 402 3046 to speak to one of our friendly team about your commercial fire alarm.
Yorkshire Commercial Fire Alarm Company
Operating throughout the UK, but mainly in Sheffield, Rotherham, Doncaster, York, Leeds, Harrogate, Barnsley, Hull, Lincoln, Scunthorpe, Yorkshire, Nottingham and Derbyshire.
Part of the British Standard and CHAS Accredited fire alarm and security companies
There are many types of fire alarms systems for commercial premises as they vary in usage, size and the many different potential fire that may occur. Large office blocks or warehouse fire alarm systems require careful design and planning, with a full fire risk assessment taking place before installation.
Before starting to plan a commercial fire alarm system for your commercial premises there are some point to consider.
Things to consider when planning a commercial fire alarm systems
- The different types of potential fires that could occur.
- Where the fires may occur.
- Parts of the premises to be covered.
- Where the fire alarm panel will be placed.
- Does it need incorporating into an older fire alarm system or will it be a new system.
- The size of the commercial property and how it is used.
- The type of fire alarm system required i.e. wireless, hardwired, etc
- What action to be taken in the event of fire.
- Whether other work is being done at the same time. If so then consultation with other contractors may be required.
- How will the fire brigade be contacted and the time taken for them to attend.
- The number of call points required
In the planning stage you will need to know where the fire sensors will be placed to ensure that there is full coverage of the commercial premises, so that the alarm will be raised quickly when and your staff will be alerted to the danger.